2008年12月9日 星期二

The Online Meeting

After the first look in Second Life, our group had to meet the TA of Online English in Second Life. There are four girls in my group, Amanda, Cherry, Iris and me. Thanks that we had to discuss our final project before the meeting, we decided to meet each other at Princeton University. That is a beautiful, I wonder whether the real Princeton is such beautiful or not.


Because we were all newbies in SL, so we looked just like the original model that we selected at the first, and I even lost my outfits. So when we met each other, we were all busy in changing our out looks.


The meeting with TA was so cool that real people can sat together, discussing and chatting without going out but just control a virtual character and can do a lot of things. During the meeting, Iris could not figure out how to sit, she tried many times and even sat on my body!

TA: Iris, Don’t be brutal to your classmate! Are you ok, Wienie?
Wienie: haha, quite hurt


Actually, I did not feel anything at that time cause the virtual would not tell me that she was hurt! This was my first experience of taking class on line. Though the use text chat in English is not so proficiency as the use of voice chat, it’s still a gorgeous meeting! And it’s quite strange that while we were having our chat, Derek was sleeping right on the rostrum…

After the meeting, Amanda, Cherry and me went to Freebie Heaven to check whether there are any goods to get. When we finished our shopping, a man came to Amanda and me.

“Do you know how to have sex in second life?”

We both did not know how to responds just simply said
“No, I don’t know. I’m newbie here”

Well, may be it’s a goal in second life, when we got more familiar with Second Life, maybe that’s the thing we can try!

沒有留言: